> Emacs Cannot
> Emacs Cannot Open Doc String File
Emacs Cannot Open Doc String File
current community chat Emacs Emacs Meta your communities Sign up or log in to customize your list. Raghavendra (raghu-f) wrote on 2012-05-25: #16 Sorry for the delay in reporting back. Reload to refresh your session. When I try to start Emacs with Prelude symlinked via .emacs.d I run into this issue: Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Cannot open doc string file "/usr/share/emacs/24.1.50/etc/DOC-22.214.171.124"") ad-real-documentation(#[(beg end &optional yank-handler) "�\203� http://haywirerobotics.com/emacs-cannot/emacs-cannot-open-file-vc-git.html
Need to change cash to cashier's check without bank account (Just arrived to the US) GO OUT AND VOTE Global.asax Application_Start not hit after upgrade to Sitecore 8.2 How to be Vitalie reply via email to [Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread] bug#11569: 24.1.50; Defadvice fails after IDO load ("Cannot open doc string file"), Glenn Morris, 2013/01/05 bug#11569: 24.1.50; Defadvice It's something that should be fixed in master anyway. –Malabarba May 5 '15 at 16:48 @Malabarba I'll do that but in the meantime I'm still interested in a solution. Subscribing...
Have the same - debian/wheezy prelude owner bbatsov commented May 25, 2012 This is not related to Prelude, but I''ll keep it open for the affected people to hash it out make path to emacs.exe contains some non-latin characters > 2. You signed out in another tab or window. I don't know what makes the difference, but the error > maybe caused by incorrect path encoding.
- Raghavendra (raghu-f) wrote on 2012-05-24: #5 No change, the error still occurs as described. (emacs-version) => "GNU Emacs 126.96.36.199 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.1)\n of 2012-05-24 on lansones, modified by Debian" Andrea
- share|improve this answer answered May 6 '15 at 13:20 verdammelt 329310 1 Perhaps it is even best to run unload-feature on the package after an upgrade, and then run load-library
- Display field value in Drop Link field This is my pillow How safe is 48V DC?
- Do I need to provide a round-trip ticket in check-in?
- are "pointing" to the old version of the code which was deleted when you upgraded the package.
- Retrieved from "http://pvs-wiki.csl.sri.com/index.php/Emacs_reports_%22Cannot_open_doc_string_file%22" Views Page Discussion View source History Personal tools Log in / create account Navigation PVS Wiki Main Mage PVS Web Page Community portal Current events Recent changes Random
- This is becausethe directories are named after the version.kill-emacs: Cannot open doc string file "/Users/dcurtis/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-20120921.1208/helm-adaptative.elc"It would be nice to have package.el somehow reload the package files.In GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin12.1.0, Carbon
- Next by Date: Re: I can't exit emacs :-/ Previous by thread: setting frame-title-format to current buffer Next by thread: oem gifts Index(es): Date Thread bug-gnu-emacs [Top][All Lists] Advanced [Date Prev][Date
- However, my latest edit should remove any ambiguity. –Qudit May 5 '15 at 23:25 add a comment| 1 Answer 1 active oldest votes up vote 3 down vote accepted A solution
- nikved commented May 24, 2012 Yep!
any defvars will keepusing the value from the old version; removed functions and vars mightlinger around; ...).We could provide the option to "try to reload and cross your fingers".We could also But could you please file a bug for it? asked 1 year ago viewed 95 times active 1 year ago Related 4Mark package to never be considered for upgrade1Mediawiki mode stopped working after upgrading to the latest 201504033searching filtering comprehension N.
Stefan feels it is an advice.el bug that it fails to work without a DOC file. (IMO, an Emacs missing a DOC file is basically broken, and I imagine it is A workaround is to create a symlink: $ cd /usr/share/emacs/24.1.50/etc $ sudo ln -s DOC-188.8.131.52 DOC-184.108.40.206 Tim Crews (tcrews) wrote on 2012-05-25: #11 I am now able to re-install emacs-snapshot on Except "cl" and "calendar", other elisp sources seems can be > loaded without problem. http://pvs-wiki.csl.sri.com/index.php/Emacs_reports_%22Cannot_open_doc_string_file%22 Who is this Voyager character?
This risks being closed as unclear or too broad, so you might want to try to specify the problem a bit better. Iupdated the `helm' package on my system and you can see that when tryingto kill emacs, there is a problem where the hook seems to be trying toexecute a function but more stack exchange communities company blog Stack Exchange Inbox Reputation and Badges sign up log in tour help Tour Start here for a quick overview of the site Help Center Detailed By loading it you reset these links.
Yes, it was fixed long back. Copy the file from another computer worked for me. package share|improve this question edited May 6 '15 at 13:40 legoscia 2,9861236 asked May 5 '15 at 15:56 Qudit 338211 Probably. C-n C-SPC C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-pC-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-nC-p C-p C-p M-w C-c C-g C-x k y C-x RET
There are some dependencies from the top package to emacs-snapshot-common and emacs-snapshot-bin-common that are now impossible to satisfy, so I cannot install emacs-snapshot at all. check over here Report a bug This report contains Public information Edit Everyone can see this information. Thanks. Regards, Silvio pi3r commented May 23, 2012 I had this problem too, i think that 24.1.50/etc/DOC-220.127.116.11 is missing from the last emacs release.
Emacs reports "Cannot open doc string file" From SRI PVS Jump to: navigation, search Owre: Your emacs is incorrectly installed, and missing the documentation strings. (A raw installation of an early Why is Professor Lewin correct regarding dimensional analysis, and I'm not? Not the answer you're looking for? http://haywirerobotics.com/emacs-cannot/emacs-cannot-open-load-file-vc-git.html reply via email to [Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread] bug#9735: win32 emacs cannot load doc string from files which has non-ascii characters in path, sssslang, 2011/10/12 bug#9735: win32
vita (kovanovic) wrote on 2012-05-25: #12 All my packages are not at 24 and it still fails..the workaround solved the problem though... I have symlinked the said files, and the error doesn't occur now. (emacs-version) => "GNU Emacs 18.104.22.168 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.1)\n of 2012-05-24 on lansones, modified by Debian" Andrea Piga (andrea-piga) What do you see, and what did you expect to see instead? –Drew May 5 '15 at 20:20 @Drew It should be clear what the problem is when running
For example, on my 12.04 (precise) machine, emacs-snapshot (i386) is now at version 2.20120524-1, but emacs-snapshot is still at 2.20120523-1.
When i try to kill the current line i obtain this error : Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size I don't really know what to do about that karlsackett commented May 24, Personal Open source Business Explore Sign up Sign in Pricing Blog Support Search GitHub This repository Watch 211 Star 3,197 Fork 1,394 bbatsov/prelude Code Issues 132 Pull requests 13 Projects reply via email to [Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread] Cannot open doc string file "d:/soft/emacs/etc/DOC", zhiqiang yu<= Prev by Date: Remember the old days? weblink I'm preparing an Ubuntu release, you will have to wait for PPA to build it.
Draw a hollow square of # with given width IN operator must be used with an iterable expression If an image is rotated losslessly, why does the file size change? How do pilots identify the taxi path to the runway? Does it help to type C-x RET F cp936 RET before you evaluate "(require 'cl)" ?